The Satyanarayana Vrata is a Hindu religious observance. It is usually done on the Full Moon (Purnima) day of every month or any day you wish to do it like marriage, house warming ceremony etc.
Shri Satyanarayan Puja is done on special occasions and during times of achievements as an offering of to seek blessing of God Narayan which is one of the forms of Lord Vishnu. It is also to the Lord Vishnu but it is not done on Ekadashi or Chaturthi.
Materials needed for the Satyanaranaran Rituals
- Kumkum powder, turmeric powder, rangoli
- Incense sticks, camphor.
- Thirty betel leaves, thirty betel nuts, two coconuts.
- Five almonds,
- Flowers to offer
- One thousand tulasi leaves; banana tree as a canopy 
- One square shaped wooden platform
- Two copper jars, two plates.
- One shawl
- A mixture of milk, curd, honey, sugar, ghee to make the panchamrita, Sandal paste.
- Attar, Indian perfume.
- Two flower garlands, conch shell, bell, a cloth, a ghee lamp and an oil lamp.
- 1 kg of raw rice
- 1 kg of sajjige as prasadam
To prepare Prasadam
- You need to prepare halwa with sugar and suji by using at least 5 measures of rava.
- Panchamrutam (made by mixing 1cup milk, 1tbsp curd, 1tsp ghee, 1 sliced banana, 2tsp honey